Monday, August 26, 2013

Today we were at the venue from 8:30 till 5, another long day.
Where did I leave off before falling asleep last night?

Oh yes, the venue.
Well, this is it.



It is a huge complex filled with multiple “football” fields, a music hall, zip lines, play grounds, ect. Oh yes, and a huge kayak facility with bleachers that could seat roughly 600 people. It's pretty nice, I guess.




Somehow Team USA managed to get every K1 (kayak) racer their own boat. Which is a huge stress lifted off our shoulders. Last year we shared two boats between six people, and when you have heats that are right after one another it becomes somewhat of a problem. So I am very relieved that I can paddle the boat and get everything the way I need it and then not have to worry about switching it out with someone else.  

Today I had a really great day on the water, or at least it felt great. I started the day off with my usual work out which consists of full on sprint for 15 seconds and then for 45 just focusing on technique. And then when they gave us time to practice on the starting gates, which is always a good time to actually visualize the race. 

But really, I just want Wednesday to come so WE CAN GET THIS THING GOING! 

No comments:

Post a Comment