Saturday, August 24, 2013

I made it to Germany!

But apparently that TSA agent in Austin did't take all of my bad ju ju for the trip.

    • A plane lost power just before take off (which led to a moment of silence from all the passengers, but quickly followed by a “Well, that didn't sound good” by a worker on the ground)
    • My leg died while walking the most I've ever walked through an airport in London
    • My ticket from London to Dusseldorf was apparently canceled at some point and they refused to let me on the plane for a while
    • And the airport apparently misplaced my luggage somewhere between Chicago and Germany (of course)

Yet somehow my paddle made it, so I guess the Kayak Gods were somewhat looking out for me there. I brought most of my other boat parts in my carry on, so all I am really missing is clothes and toiletries, but eh, minor details.


 Gerald (team manager) provided us with more Team USA gear, which luckily for Kelly, means I get to have a clean shirt for the night. See, there's those Kayak Gods taking care of me again..  


No comments:

Post a Comment